Our new Bistro menu of winter warmers and seasonal favourites
As well as lighting the log fires and creating a warm welcome from the chilly outdoors, winter at The Pheasant sees launching a new seasonal menu in our popular Bistro.
Our chefs have been busy trialing a range of delicious dishes for the winter menu, making sure to include lunch and dinner options to satisfy our local regulars, the hungriest of fell walkers and overnight guests looking for comforting cuisine with a Cumbrian twist.
And we’re happy to announce the new winter menu is now served in the Bistro, just in time for the clocks going back and appetites growing bigger! As always we source the best local produce and seasonal ingredients and our winter menu features sharing starters, satisfying sandwiches and light bites for lunchtime, hearty main courses including our signature game dishes, creative vegetarian and gluten free options and of course, indulgent puds. Here are some of the highlights:
- Melted Brie Bites served with apple cider chutney; an indulgent nibble to whet diners’ appetites
- Braised Venison Shoulder with champ potatoes, carrot and swede mash, baby onion and red wine jus – The Pheasant continues to champion seasonal game dishes this winter
- Wild Mushroom and Garlic Gnocchi garnished with vegetarian parmesan and rocket salad
- Tandoori Sea Bass with bombay potatoes, poppadum and warm tomato salad
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with caramel sauce and banana ice cream
Our Bistro is a relaxed place to eat, somewhere between hotel bar food and fine dining, where you’ll get a warm Cumbrian welcome and a mouth-watering meal. The Bistro serves food between 12noon and 3pm, and 6pm to 9pm daily. Experience the new winter menu by booking your table here.